Last week marked an important milestone for Amazon customers and anyone else looking to establish a digital library. Amazon released details on its newest Kindle generation as they plan to ship the revolutionary reading device towards the end of August. Special arrangements made for the announcement of the new and improved Kindle include showing a personal letter written from Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos to visitors on the Amazon.com home page. In addition, Bezos made an appearance on PBS to do an interview with Charlie Rose last week, where he answered many pressing questions regarding the Kindle as well as the tablet PC market.
Take a look at the interview, the insight on the newest Kindle as well as other potential customers is worth tuning in.
Some highlights from the interview include:
- Bezos believes the Kindle has the ability to transcend the readers mind into visualizing solely the page, just like a book.
- Amazon has a leg up on the competition because their mission is to be “the earth’s most customer centric company”.
- The Kindle price point is affordable, unlike the iPad among other e-readers.
- Over 600,000 books are available on the Kindle in 60 seconds or less. (Most for $9.99 or less)
- Clothing is the fastest growing segment on Amazon. Their philosophy is buy 3, return the 2 that don’t fit.
- Bezos projects that in the future, people in society will fulfill their needs through an array of devices.
- Kindle for reading, smart-phone, laptop, tablet PC.
- The new Kindle’s one month battery lifespan relieves battery power anxiety.
- The Apple iPad is not a competitor to the Kindle because it offers one of the best web-browsers. Therefore, more customers are shopping on Amazon.com.